Of the six comments Robert has, some of them are legit but most of them show that he is looking at this too much from a PC point of view.
What is an eBook Reader and what should an eBook Reader be like.
An eBook Reader is an device which should give an user the same user experience when he/she is reading a newspaper or book. That includes:
- Be quiet, no fans, no humming, etc.,
- Always on, always available,
- Size should be book-, tabloid- or full newspaper size,
- Weight should be light,
- It should be flexible like paper,
- User Interface should that of a book or newspaper.
As it is an electronic device, it should be able to:
- Refresh content, subscribe to e.g. newspapers and libraries,
- Connect Wireless and not be dependent on a connection with a PC,
- No Social network,
- No touch screen,
- No ability to send electronic goods to anyone else,
are nonsense and show that Robert is trying to make an eBook reader yet another PC.
The Kindle looks like a nice device but is still no replacement for the user experience of an actual book and newspaper.