High quality site you must visit! fotocommunity.de
Picture by: Stefan D2.
Original can be found on Fotocommunity
Original to be found here.
Check out a great website with stunning pictures. Pictures are sorted by Studio material, National Parks, Countries, Areas and Mountain areas. The pictures are made by Quang-Tuan Luong and I cannot understand how he finds the time to take all these great shots.
An exposition of Jeff Wallcan can be seen at the Tate Modern till Januari 8 2006.
I wish I had known that earlier.
On top of the glacier in Saas Fee, Switserland. Temperature was minus 25 C (-13 F). Link to Saas Fee.
So it is finally there!
– 10.2 megapixel DX Format CCD image sensor: A newly developed 10.2 effective megapixel DX Format CCD image sensor that captures images with edge-to-edge sharpness and incredible color at 3,872 x 2,592 pixels, yielding extraordinarily high-resolution images perfect for enlargements or creative cropping
– Industry-leading image processing for exceptional color performance: Incorporates Nikon’s industry-leading advanced imaging processing engine of the D2x, which allows color-independent pre-conditioning prior to A/D conversion to work in symphony with advanced digital image processing algorithms to achieve fine color gradations with exceptionally smooth, consistent transitions
– Large viewfinder with 0.94x magnification: The new eye-level optical viewfinder developed for the D200 features large magnification (0.94x) that helps ensure a clear view for precise composition, and built-in diopter adjustment that allows fine-tuning to your eyesight
Durable, Magnesium alloy (Mg) body: Nikon’s advanced technologies and mechanisms are housed within a rugged, lightweight magnesium alloy chassis and body ready for the most rigorous of assignments. Additional sealing for dust and moisture add to the D200’s strength.
5fps high-speed continuous shooting: Capture fast action and fleeting expressions with the ability to capture high-resolution images at a rapid 5 frames per second in continuous bursts of up to 22 NEF (RAW) or 37 JPEG (FINE – LARGE) shots**
– Fast SLR response where it counts: Instant power-up in just 0.15 seconds, a shutter release time lag of a mere 50 milliseconds, and a shortened viewfinder blackout time of just 105 milliseconds makes the D200 ready to respond to any photographic situation
New, 11-area Multi-CAM AF System with 7 Area Wide AF: The new Multi-CAM 1000 AF Sensor Module offers an 11-area AF that ensures consistently fast and precise focus lock under varying shooting conditions. The 7-wide area AF system, offers broad coverage suited for moving subjects enabling greater compositional freedom
– Large 2.5-inch LCD monitor with wide angle viewing to 170 degrees: A high-resolution LCD monitor provides ultra-wide, 170 degree viewing in all directions. Assisting with accurate sharpness assessment, images can be previewed at up to 400% magnification
– New EN-EL3e Rechargeable battery with Fuel gauge function: The high-energy EN-EL3e rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you capture approximately 1,800 shots per charge featuring an accurate real-time Fuel gauge system that displays the percentage of remaining charge, number of shots since last charge and overall status of battery service life
– Wireless Transmitter WT-3: The optional Wireless Transmitter WT-3 provides wireless functionality with IEEE 802.11b/g technology; it enables cable-free image transfer to a compatible computer, with the added safety and versatility of wide-ranging network and security protocols (available 2006).
Paul Fusco’s photo essay on the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq. Produced by Magnum Photos.